How To Homeschool
Charlotte Mason in VA
Homeschool Testing & Assessment Information
Pros & Cons of Standardized Testing and Portfolio Evaluations
Appalachian Regional Cooperative
Evaluating Our Homeschooled Children
Woodbridge-Springfield Homeschool Group
Standards of Learning: Instruction, Training, and Assessment Resources
Testing and Assesments FAQ
Central VA Unschoolers
TriCities Family Unschooling Network
CM Families of the South
Northern Virginia Catholic Charlotte Mason - NoVaCCM
Life in America
Free to Learn: Introducing Steiner Waldorf Earkt Childhood Education
· How kindergarten enables healthy child development
· What is movement based learning
· Why creative play is so crucial
· How children learn through imitation and rhythm
· When children are ready for school
· How to get support for parenting and daycare
Free to Learn is a unique guide to the principles and methods of Waldorf early education, drawing on kindergarten experience from around the world, with stories, helpful insights, lively observations, and pictures.
Cuisenaire Rods Multi-Pack
A Reason For® Reading
Beautiful Feet Books
Dumbing Us Down: The Hidden Curriculum of Compulsory Schooling
Dr. Montessori's Own Handbook
LeapPad Game - Mind Wars Jr. Interactive Game
Kinder Dolls: A Waldorf Doll-Making Handbook
· Ten designs, including soft, baggy, angel, pouch, sack, and limbed dolls
· Twelve basic clothes patterns and ethnic variations
· Tools, techniques, and materials
· Safety guidelines and sewing methods
· Recycling tips and where to get materials
The Story of the World
- The Story of the World, Volume 1: Ancient Times
- Activity Book One: Ancient Times
- The Story of the World, Volume 1: Ancient Times Audiobook CD, read by Barbara Alan Johnson
- The Story of the World, Volume 2: The Middle Ages
- Activity Book Two: The Middle Ages
- The Story of the World, Volume 2: The Middle Ages Audiobook CD, read by Barbara Alan Johnson
- The Story of the World, Volume 3: Early Modern Times
- Activity Book Three: Early Modern Times
- Story of the World, Volume 3: Early Modern Times Audiobook CD, read by Jim Weiss
The Letter Factory Game
English from the Roots Up
Secret of Childhood
The Absorbent Mind
A new foreword by John Chattin-McNichols, Ph.D., President of the American Montessori Society, places this classic book in a contemporary context, offering an intelligent discussion of current thinking in child education.
Maria Montessori: Her Life and Work
The new introduction to Maria Montessori: Her Life and Work by Lee Havis, executive director of the International Montessori Society, discusses the changes that have taken place in Montessori education within recent years.
An updated appendix of Montessori periodicals, courses, societies, films, and teaching materials.
A revised bibliography of books by and about Maria Montessori.
Discovery of the Child
Basic Montessori: Learning Activities for Under-Fives
Designed to provoke thought, professional growth and provide a forum for discussion of major issues & ideas in education.
Pattern Blocks and Boards
Idea Book For Cuisenaire Rods At The Intermediate Level
A History of Science
Montessori Play And Learn : A Parent's Guide to Purposeful Play from Two to Six
Now, Lesley Britton, the leading Montessori practitioner in England for more than twenty years, will show parents how to bring Montessori home. If you would like to facilitate the development of your child's unique personality, make it possible for him to develop to his full intellectual capacity, and help him become socially and emotionally well adjusted, then this is the book for you.
Montessori Play and Learn is packed with ideas, activities, and games that can fit into your normal routine and help supplement preschool learning for your child. For planning your home, introducing your child to the supermarket or the neighborhood, and helping him discover other people and cultures, this book provides valuable tips and insights that help parents and children grow and learn together.
-- Create hundreds of learning opportunities from everyday life
-- Learn dozens of games and activities to help prepare children for mathematics, reading, science, and writing
-- Make your home environment as stimulating for your child as the best Montessori preschool.
Montessori: A Modern Approach
Paula Polk Lillard writes both as a trained educators and as a concerned parent -- she has many years as a public school teacher, but it was her enthusiasm for the education her own child experienced in a Montessori school that led her to become a leading voice in the Montessori movement in this country.
Her book offers the clearest and most concise statement of the Montessori method of child development and education available today.
As an Amazon Associate, we earn from qualifying purchases. We get commissions for purchases made through links on this site.